Health Triumphs and Threats:
· What are the gravest public health threats of our times?
· What is the impact of public health's emphasis on prevention?
· Advice for frequent travelers
· How to increase our "healthspan"?
Yale Center Beijing and Emory Alumni Association jointly invite you to a talk by Dr. Jeffrey P. Koplan, Vice President for Global Health at Emory University, who is also a Yale alumnus, former Yale Corporation fellow, and former director of U.S.’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).耶鲁北京中心和埃默里大学校友会诚邀您参加埃默里大学全球卫生副校长、耶鲁校友、校董、美国前CDC主任Jeffrey P. Koplan博士的讲座。
Dr. Jeffrey P. Koplan, Vice President for Global Health at Emory University, Yale '66 B.A. Jeffrey P. Koplan博士，埃默里大学全球卫生副校长，耶鲁本科1966届校友
Registration & Refreshments/注册与简餐6:30-7:00 pm
Remarks & Q&A/演讲与问答7:00-8:00 pm
The last few decades have brought many great public health triumphs, in China and around the world. Join Emory University’s Vice President for Global Health, Dr. Jeffrey Koplan, as he tackles many tough questions such as:
· What real public health threats could drastically change our way of conducting business and our way of life virtually overnight?
· What is the impact of public health, with its emphasis on prevention, on our individual health, our communities’ health and the health of our businesses and economy?
· What does the frequent traveler need to do for self-protection?
· What will the future hold for us and our children as we age? How can we increase not just our lifespan but our "healthspan"?
过去几十年间，中国和世界各地在公共卫生领域取得了很多重大成就。我们诚邀您参加埃默里大学全球卫生副校长Dr. Jeffrey P. Koplan博士的讲座，一起探讨如何解决以下棘手问题：
Dr. Jeffrey P. Koplan is Vice President for Global Health at Emory University. He has also held leadership roles in government as Director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (the CDC), and in the private sector as President of Prudential Insurance Company’s Prudential Center for Health Care Research. He has worked on many of the major public health issues of our time, including infectious diseases such as smallpox, HIV/AIDS, polio and SARS, environmental issues such as the Bhopal chemical disaster, disease risk factors such as tobacco use, malnutrition and physical activity and the prevention of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease and stroke. He has served as an honorary professor at and senior advisor #001 to the China CDC and was honored with China’s National Friendship Award in 2013.
Jeffrey P. Koplan博士是埃默里大学全球卫生副校长。Koplan博士在政府机构和私营部门担任领导职务，曾担任美国疾病控制和预防中心（CDC）主任，此外还是保诚保险公司（Prudential Insurance Company）卫生保健研究中心主席。Koplan博士致力于解决当代许多重大公共卫生问题，包括天花、艾滋病毒/艾滋病、脊髓灰质炎和非典等传染病，印度博帕尔化学灾难等环境问题，吸烟、营养不良和身体活动等疾病相关因素，以及糖尿病、癌症、心脏病和中风等慢性疾病的预防。他是中国疾病预防控制中心的名誉教授和第一号高级顾问，曾获2013年度中国政府“友谊奖”。